Dude, why are you buying peaches from South Carolina?– is what I should have said to the man buying peaches clearly marked as being from South Carolina at the farmer’s market. Because right beside the South Carolina peaches were Georgia peaches. Hey guy, don’t cha know peaches are Georgia’s jam! Not like jelly jam but like that’s my jam JAM!
But I didn’t say anything. Maybe I should have. The only thing I did was buy a lot of peaches of Georgia origin.
This quick, one bowl, sweet and tangy peach slaw was a result of my passive aggressive peach buying. It works great as a stand alone side dish or atop bbq jackfruit in a sandwich.
- 1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs of maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz bag of pre chopped cole slaw mix (don’t judge)
- 4 medium peaches, chopped
- 1 cup of cooked corn
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro (or more…I just threw some in because we had some in the fridge)
- In a big bowl mix/whisk the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Throw in the cole slaw mix, chopped peaches, corn and cilantro.
- Give it a good stir. I find folding it works best.
- Taste it. Add more salt and pepper as needed.
This makes quite a bit, way more than Neal and I could eat. It can be eaten immediately if desired or stored in the fridge, though I think it is best to eat this within a day for that crispy slaw crunch.