1. Drill holes (1/2” to 3/4”) randomly in plastic bin
2. Put a layer of dirt and browns (dead leaves, grass, etc…)
3. Put a layer of greens (veggie and fruit waste)
4. Put a layer of browns (compostable napkins, cardboard, paper, newspapers, dead leaves, grass….)
5. Water the pile
6. Secure lid with bungee cord and place compost in warm location.
7. Repeat 3-5 as needed.
Don’t really know how the compost is doing b/c we are lazy composters and never turn the pile but the pile does appear to be shrinking which probably means stuff is breaking down like it should. Updates to follow.
Composting= less trash. Our trash is now taken out only once a month. We are trying to push that to only once every two months, once every 3 months, etc….