2 12-oz packages of frozen blueberries
1/3 cup plus 4 tbls sugar
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbls all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks (6oz) Earth Balance (or vegan margarine) cut into small pieces
2/3 cup soymilk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
2. Mix blueberries with 1/3 cup of sugar and 2 tbls of flour and pour into baking dish.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour and 3 tbls of sugar with the baking powder and salt. Cut the Earth Balance into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Add the soymilk and vanilla and stir to form wet, sticky dough.
4. Drop rounded teaspoons of the dough over the blueberries.
5. Sprinkle remaining sugar on top of dough.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling out from the crust like this…
This recipe was veganized from a Rachael Ray recipe. Also, we used a combo of raspberries and blueberries in the one we made and I imagine you could substitute any fruit you like! In fact, for the upcoming holiday, we plan to make a peach and blueberry cobbler. Its plenty fabulous on its own but also nice served warm with a scoop of vanilla soy ice cream.