Now I have you in all the ways my heart desires…store bought, home-made, dehydrated, baked, with nooch, without nooch—it don’t matter how you dress! You will always be my number one secret healthy vegan junk food and I will never quit you.
I won’t quit you kale chips
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for at least an hour)
- 1 large garlic clove (peeled)
- 6 baby carrots
- 2 tbs of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp tahini
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs almond milk
- salt (to taste)
- paprika (to taste)
- 1 bunch of kale (cleaned, stems removed and leaves torn up into random chip sizes…also make sure the leaves are dry!)
- Throw everything (except the kale) into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Pour mixture over kale chips, preferably in a bowl.
- Massage the mixture onto the kale (I use my hands) so every kale leaf is coated thoroughly.
- Spread the leaves out on a baking pan.
- Bake leaves in the oven at 250 degrees for about an hour (until the kale leaves are crisp and the mixture is no longer moist). Every oven is different so just keep checking!!
- Once the kale chips are done, take them out and sprinkle more paprika on top for more heat (or not) and let cool.
- Eat them all. Eat all the kale chips. Or share ‘em if that’s yer thing.